Skip to main content
Solved

Can I force a GI to use a specific Company ID?

• 15 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I have a customer that has multiple tenants, and I wrote a SQL view to view all of the users across all of those tenants for administrative purposes.

I would like to add a Navigation to pull up the full screen User (SM201010), as a Side Panel link.  However, two things are stopping me. 

1. I can setup a relation to pull these data and display it by linking in the PX.SM.Users to a Key in the SQL View. However, I can only pull the users data from the “active browser tenant”.
  2. In the SQL view I do store the CompanyID for all the users over all of the tenants, but I do not know of any way to pass that value to the Navigation link so that I can pull any user information from across all of the tenants, unless I have changed the browser into that tenant as a session.

Is there any way to pass the CompanyID over to that navigation link?

(and I can accept the answer of “NO”. LOL)

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Unfortunately this is not possible in Acumatica, the Tenant restricts the screen from pulling data from any other tenant. 

You could use a navigation link in the GI to jump to the other tenant but the page will completely navigate to the other tenant, this would not function as a side panel.