Skip to main content

Hello,

I am pretty new to imports and recently put together an Opportunity import scenario.

When I run the import, it processes about 1/20th of the records and then gives the error “Error: 'Subject' cannot be empty.” for the rest. When I run it again, it processes another batch of the errored records with another roughly 1/20th being successful. So it is able to process the previously errored records eventually, just a small amount at a time. 
It is an issue if I bring this import to production because It throws off the auto-numbering by skipping the numbering for the errored Opps and takes forever to continuously run back-to-back. ex: 

I am not sure what to do with the Subject line. At first, I only had it mapped like this:

but that throws the error “The record was not processed because of an error during  processing of the next record” for every record.

then I tried this

and it imports the small amount each time but errors on most. 
I have attached the XML export for the import scenario that has been throwing this error. Let me know if I can provide anything else.

Thanks!

It looks to me like these are both active:

You do NOT want the Opportunity ID -> Subject. Use only Subject and only in one place.

You also have quite a few saves going on. I don’t think that should cause issues, but you shouldn’t need to save between setting Attribute values, etc.

I’m also curious about this:

What dialog are you answering?

@darylbowman Thanks for the quick response!
#1 - I did that double up on Subject because when I have just “Subject” as the Target Field, I run into this when importing:

It does not give an error at record level even though it errors on import, so I was left without a direction. I tried deactivating many different lines to pinpoint the cause but no luck.
Good to know about not having to save between attributes! That will help with processing time. 

#2 - That one I recently added, I was not sure if it is needed to change the Status of an Opportunity from New to Open. The import error was happening before adding the dialog.

I would guess this is because Opportunity ID is blank in your data, but it is mapped as the key in the import. Using Opportunity ID -> Subject will attempt to select an Opportunity based upon it’s Subject, which I’m guessing is never found, because you’re creating new Opps, correct?

@darylbowman Yes these are all new Opportunities. Oddly enough it does create a few new records each time I run the import. But for the most part it does error. Is there a better way to go about creating new records while allowing the system to auto-number them? 

Try mapping Opportunity ID to this instead of a variable: =CStr(0-LineNbr()) 

If autonumbering is turned on, the system should generate an ID for pretty much any value you put in there, (except an existing ID) but I use this.

You are probably right about needing that dialog result, however, dialog results should be placed before the action that calls the dialog. It looks to me like yours may be after.

@darylbowman That variable works perfectly. I will use that for all my new record imports moving forward. Thank you!!

Hi @temberson 

Could you please share the xml file of import scenario and Sheet for us to verify?

Did that resolve the processing as well?

@darylbowman Yes I was able to successfully import all the records in my file correctly. And much faster processing time without all those saves. Thanks!