Skip to main content

I did a very large import of contacts for a sales campaign going on and it seems that roughly 6,000 of the 8,500 contacts imported did not populate the state field despite them all following the same state name formating for the import. however if I select the contact individually in the Import and re import the contact it populates the state field without producing a duplicate contact (usually). is there something wrong with my mapping that is causing this?

Goodmorning!

I have noticed sometimes when the mapping is State → State Name it will not work. If you change the Field/Action Name to just be State…..I believe it will import them with no issue.

Hope this helps!

Goodmorning!

I have noticed sometimes when the mapping is State → State Name it will not work. If you change the Field/Action Name to just be State…..I believe it will import them with no issue.

Hope this helps!

@mianniello80 from playing around with it the error seems to have occured with both State → Staten Name and just “State” oddly enough even using State ID and switching to a 2 letter code seems to have had the same issue with the majority not populating state and needing to be run twice to get the state field to update. I should note I am on 2023 R1.

Move the Country Code Above the State as it needs the country code set first and then the State is validated against the country

Move the Country Code Above the State as it needs the country code set first and then the State is validated against the country

I will try that on the next import to see if that fixes it, thank you for the suggestion.

@dcomerford So I tried what you suggested and though it is bringing in the state an Issue I am running into now is that when I attempt to run this import it is creating a duplicate rather than updating the existing contact, why is it behaving differently? is there something I am missing here or have incorrectly setup?

@BrendanL You will need to get the ContactID from Acumatica and update your spreadsheet with this column and then use this on your import scenario so it finds the match and updates the record rather than creating a new record.