Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I’m attempting an import scenario to complete all tasks on a list of projects using the button below. This needed because we need to clean up old data and complete the tasks without having a list of all tasks. 

I created the scenario shown below (XML attached), which seems like it should work.

But I get the error below:

Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance. 

Hi @jhouser 

Can you untick the Action= Save and verify once?

Thanks

@manikantad18 Tried, unfortunately got the same error. 

Is it possible that the project you’re using has a status that is incompatible with changing task statuses to complete?  (i.e. tasks are already complete or project is Complete?)  The error message is a bit vague.  

@meganfriesen37 Everything is Active, I made sure of that. Yes, it is vague. 

Hi @jhouser were you able to find a solution? Thank you!

@Chris Hackett Unfortunately not

Hey @jhouser ,

I messed around with this, just building the Business Event/Import Scenario as an Action off the main Project Selection GI (PM3010PL).  I got it to successfully work.  I’m not sure the inner-workings of your GI that’s feeding the Import Scenario, but perhaps try joining directly to the PMProject table, so you can explicitly throw the ContractCD field?  I’ve run into the situation in the past, where it displays the “CD” identifier but the Import Scenario is interpreting the “ID,” which is usually just an integer.

Good luck!

@craig2 I hadn’t thought of using a Business Event triggered by action. I was just exporting GI results and importing. 

One problem I’m seeing with Business Event method: They want to complete tasks of projects for which latest invoice date is before 10/01/2023. To get these results in my GI, I’m joining Projects to ARInvoice, then grouping by project ID so it doesn’t duplicate for every invoice. My understanding is grouping in GI used for business event is a no no. But not sure how to get the correct results in GI without grouping. 

Hey @jhouser ,

A couple of ideas to play with:

• Grouping isn’t a good idea for BE’s generally, especially the traditional ones which automatically execute.  However, it still may be worth trying (in a sandbox), since you’re manually telling it to fire anyway.
  • This is a little janky, but you could consider ungrouping and accepting the duplicates.  Untick Break On Error, and just let the Import fail for all the duplicate lines.  The Tasks are already Complete, so it shouldn’t hurt anything for the system to keep pushing the Complete Task button for the duplicates.
    • A solution like this is obviously VERY situational, but in this case, it just might work.

Best of luck!

Hi @jhouser any luck?