Skip to main content
Solved

Service Orders that require make to order parts

• 26 July 2024
  • 1 reply

When a service order is generated which requires parts that are make to order, how does Acumatica generate demand to build the product. Make to order parts on sales orders can be seen in the create production order screen, but I am not seeing make to order parts from Service Orders.

Our situation is that customers with service contracts get replacement parts on a regular cadence.  The schedule generates a service order with the make to order parts on it.  The parts on service contract are make to order because they require the production team to assemble and program them.

In our old system we had a person constantly entering these service contract parts orders and releasing production orders.  Trying to streamline in Acumatica.

Thanks

Peter

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Hi @peterpaasch!

Unfortunatelty there is no direct integration between service orders and production orders. Therefore, the out of the box Acumatica functionality won’t provide a streamlined flow for the scenario you describe.

It’s possible that an ISV solution could fill in the gaps, but I’m not sure if such solution exists.

I hope this helps.