Skip to main content

When I recompile my VS library, it takes on average 3 minutes or more to reload my site.

In 2021, I bought a Lenovo Thinkpad (the “industrial” version).  Here are the specs on my pc:

I am using Chrome as my browser.

I’ve turned of IIS logging.

It seems a lot slower than t used to be.  I’m wondering if I need to reset my pc and re-install everything.  Of course, that would be a royal pain.

If I am debugging and trying to fix something, this REALLY annoying and feels like I spend half my day waiting for the site to reload.

Is this normal?  Do I need to buy a new PC?  Any suggestions? 

Edit:  I’ve gone through the article on optimizing IIS as well as making the recommended changes to the web.config file.  I have a 2TB SSD.  I also read the topic 

That article is a year old, so I was wondering if things have changed.

I find that restarting the site in IIS can help, especially if you are working in multiple instances through the course of the day.

@Joe Schmucker 

Even after modifying the web.config parameters still, takes around 3-5 minutes time for me 😞. I have checked with others, and they are experiencing the same issue, even with high-end configuration PCs.

As Dmitry mentioned, we can see if there is any improvement after Acumatica migrates to .NET Core.

I have been stuggling with this issue as well. A few months back I ordered a custom workhorse most possible powefull laptop (see the below snipprt) to see if it makes any difference that costed me over $7K Canadian. My previous laptop was an i5 gen 9 with 64GB installed memory. The only difference between the new and the old laptop is that the old one CPU would boost to utilize ~60% but the new one never reaches ~ 20%. Also the new laptop came with Windows 11 Pro pre-installed with downgrade option. The funny thing is on Windows 11, I had a far worst performance on my new laptop compared to the old one but when I downgraded to Windows 10 I got to a comparable point with my old laptop. Hardware config is mostly irrelevent. My time also fluctuates between 3-5 minutes on both laptops. Of course in dev environment we typically have multiple instances of Acumatica. When I am getting slowed down more than my usual time I just restart the IIS, clear %temp% folder, delete TemporaryAspFiles, reset Cache and I am usually good (3-5 minutes typical nap time) for one hour or two depending how manytimes I recompile.