Skip to main content

I’m looking to add internal notes on inventory items which should than be visible on specific screens, for example on a Purchase order screen if the inventory item is being added to the PO line the notes added on that item should be visible on the PO line containing that inventory item, I would like the notes symbol on the line item to get highlighted to alert the user to check the notes.

I would prefer not to use the pop up notes which is only visible at the time we add that item to the PO line.

I’m also wondering if I’m limited to have only one “notes” screen per inventory item or I can create another one to be used for these specific type of notes which should up on other screens.

Is that possible?

As for first part of your question, you can use PXNoteAttribute attribute in your customization to copy note, files or both to a record when inserted/updated/persisted.

As for the second part, each record in Acumatica has one-to-one relation to the Note table and also behind the scene it creates a unique index on the table based on the NoteID. So you can’t really have to NoteID Attribute on the same DAC. What you can do is to add a multiline varchar field to your Inventory screen and then show its value anywhere you want.