Skip to main content

Hi Team,

I’m working on customizing the Modern UI in the 24R2 (24.193.0116) preview version. Specifically, I’m adding a new tab to the Sales Order screen and have created a new field, UsrIsMagentoOrder, which I’ve included in the corresponding .html and .ts files.

However, I’m encountering issues when running the following commands:

• npm run getmodules
  • npm run build

npm run getmodules
npm run build

I’m receiving errors with these commands and am unable to see the changes reflected on the screen. Any guidance on resolving these errors would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Try building it in the FrontendSources\screen folder of your instance
Modern UI: How to Build the Source Code for the Modern UI Development

I am running into the same EXACT issue with the GULP command.  Has something to with spawning the window.  I have reinstalled node.js and gulp and tried different instances.    Lowered UNC,  turned of firewalls etc.    Let me know if you find something.   (Windows Server 2022 Datacenter)

I have found the issue I was facing.  node.js version 20+ has a security patch that does not allow the code to use the child spawn process.    I downgraded my node.js to version 19.9 on the server and I was successful in running everything on 2024 R2.   I did get notices that my version was out of date, but it was still successful.