Skip to main content
Solved

Customizing create production order screen

• 26 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have a create production order screen , where in I need to customize and add two new column on create process.

I want to extend the below code, which is on the CreateProductionOrdersProcess acumatica code, but I am not able to achieve that.

public static void CreateProcess(List<AMFixedDemand> list, ProductionOrdersCreateFilter filter)
{
var prodMaintGraph = CreateInstance<ProdMaint>();
var createProdOrdersGraph = CreateInstance<CreateProductionOrdersProcess>();

Numbering prodNumbering = PXSelectJoin<Numbering, LeftJoin<AMOrderType, On<AMOrderType.prodNumberingID,
Equal<Numbering.numberingID>>>, Where<AMOrderType.orderType, Equal<Required<AMOrderType.orderType>>>
>.Select(prodMaintGraph, filter.CreationOrderType);

if (prodNumbering == null)
{
throw new PXException(Messages.GetLocal(Messages.NumberingMissingExceptionProduction,
filter.CreationOrderType));
}

if (prodNumbering.UserNumbering.GetValueOrDefault())
{
throw new PXException(Messages.GetLocal(Messages.ManualNumberingNotAllowedForProcess,
filter.CreationOrderType));
}

createProdOrdersGraph.CreateProductionOrders(list, filter, prodMaintGraph);

}

I can create a delegate , modify the CreateProductionOrders function.
However, this function is utilized across several other pages.  

public virtual void CreateProductionOrders(List<AMFixedDemand> list, ProductionOrdersCreateFilter filter, ProdMaint prodMaintGraph)
        {
}

Could anyone please suggest an alternative approach, to populate additional columns on create process action.

The CreateProcessAction is a public method. Is there a reason you don’t want to extend that method?

public delegate void CreateProcessDelegate(List<AMFixedDemand> list, ProductionOrdersCreateFilter filter);

rPXOverride]
public void CreateProcess(List<AMFixedDemand> list, ProductionOrdersCreateFilter filter, OriginalActionDelegate baseMethod)
{
// Execute original method
baseMethod(list, filter);

// Execute additional code
// ...
}

I guess if that method is called other places, it would have the same drawbacks.

Could you explain what you’re hoping to achieve in a bit more detail? Where is the data coming from that you’re populating the fields with? What is the reason the code isn’t allowed to run during processes from other screens?

@darylbowman  I tried but its throwing an error and not allowing me to extend  I am trying to override create production processing method . I want to add logic to have fields created on SOLine before the production order is created. Unfortunately, the production order method is triggered and does not allow me override. 

when I try to override the CreateProcessDelegate  it says ,  unknown create CreateProcess method.

@darylbowman Thank you for the approach.

Did you get it to work?