Skip to main content
Solved

Customization Projects project deployed in one Tenant changes the other Tenant

• 26 July 2024
  • 4 replies

I have 2 tenants in one Acumatica instance, one is for testing and the other one is the live tenant.

When I publish a Customization Project in test Tenant I can see the same changes in Live tenant as well.
I don’t want this to happen. Is there something that I have to anything specific to handle this?

Can anyone advise me on the best practices of publishing customization projects?

Thank you.

This is tricky. Some components of customizations are tenant-specific, but since tenants share the same database, database schema changes are changed for all tenants, as well as .aspx changes.

You can read more here.

In order to work around this, you can make code changes specific to a tenant by using something like the following:

public static bool IsActive() => PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany == 2;

(where CurrentCompany == tenantID)

If this is added to a cache extension, fields added to the screen using this extension should be hidden when the cache extension is disabled. Similarly, when added to a graph extension, it will disable the modified business logic from running in that tenant.

In order to work around this, you can make code changes specific to a tenant by using something like the following:

public static bool IsActive() => PX.Data.Update.PXInstanceHelper.CurrentCompany == 2;

(where CurrentCompany == tenantID)

If this is added to a cache extension, fields added to the screen using this extension should be hidden when the cache extension is disabled. Similarly, when added to a graph extension, it will disable the modified business logic from running in that tenant.

With this when I need to move that same change to the next Live tenant, I need to remove this validation right?

If the goal is simply to keep it out of production until testing has been completed, then yes.