Skip to main content

Hello Community,

I am curious can we conditionally publish screens customizations by adding switches to the FeaturesSet?

If I add a brand new screen in Acumatica, I can use “Features.xml” to show/hide new screens by reading a custom/existing flag from FeaturesSet/FeaturesSetExt. Also, in my C# code I can conditionally make a Graph, DAC or their extensios Active/Inactive.

But when I customize an existing screen in Acumatica, is there a way to instruct the platform to conditionally publish or not publish a set of changes made to the screen? I know I can hide/show controls but it is not what I want. What I want is to instruct the customization engine not publish a set of customization on Acumatica’s out-of-the-box screen(s) (or not merge it to the out-of-the-box) if a switch in FeaturesSet is not turned on.

@Dmitrii Naumov 

This would be a much-appreciated feature, but I don't think it's possible at the moment, since the ASPX files are in a global folder rather than a tenant-specific one.

Thank you for the reply @Zoltan Febert 

What I am most interested in is to instruct the customization package to conditionally publish on a client site even if there are multiple tenants. My use case: I have some customization packages that they have become pretty generic now. What I want to do is instead of keeping multiple packages I move them all into one package but add some flag that conditionally makes screen customizations are published or not.

Any thoughts?

@aaghaei well, any fields/controls that are mapped to the views/DACs/DAC Extensions that are not active will be hidden from the UI. 

Is this what you are looking for or are your changes more complex that just a bunch of new fields?

@Dmitrii Naumov I believe I know what @aaghaei wants to achieve. Sometimes we rearrange the screens in the customization, for example move one field to another column or to another tab, and disabling the customization with Features won’t redo these changes on the screen.

Thank you @Dmitrii Naumov and @Zoltan Febert 

Zoltan is absolutely correct. I have a few screens that intensely are customized (one of them maybe 90%) that I would like to include in my generic customization package because of some overlaps with other customizations that they have. Later I want to conditionally be able to publish these screen changes as I do for the new screens I have created in the package.

@aaghaei @Zoltan Febert I see. 

Unfortunately, I don’t think it’s currently possible.