Question

Inventory Transfers

• 4 October 2022
  • 7 replies

Does the ‘Multiple Warehouse Locations’ feature need to be enabled, no matter which inventory transfer method (1-Step or 2-Step) you were to use, in order to successfully create an inventory transfer through the REST API? 

If I have that feature enabled I am able to create Transfer documents successfully through the REST API but if that feature is not enabled my REST API call fails.  When that feature is not enabled I receive an ‘locationID cannot be empty’ error no matter which type of transfer I attempt to create, 1-Step or 2-Step.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbibza 

I’ve tried with and without the “Multiple Warehouse Locations’ feature. It's working fine. Please find the attached sample JSON request for your review.

Hi @jinin , thank you for the reply.

I am not trying to create a Transfer Order I am trying to create an Inventory Transfer.  Attached is my request JSON.

This request works when Warehouse Locations is enabled but does not work when that feature is not enabled.  According to the Acumatica documentation the Warehouse Locations feature does not need to be enabled in order to create a 2-Step Inventory Transfer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jinin , thank you for the reply.

I am not trying to create a Transfer Order I am trying to create an Inventory Transfer.  Attached is my request JSON.

This request works when Warehouse Locations is enabled but does not work when that feature is not enabled.  According to the Acumatica documentation the Warehouse Locations feature does not need to be enabled in order to create a 2-Step Inventory Transfer.

I will review and update you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbibza 

Please try with the below Sample JSON. It's working for me 

Hi @jinin , Based on your JSON example I assume you are running your transaction against the ‘Revision Two Products’ example client that is provided with Acumatica?  If so I have the same example client installed also and I noticed that the ‘Multiple Warehouse Locations’ feature is enabled for that example site.

I attempted to run your JSON against that client but it failed with a “Warehouse ID cannot be empty’ error.

Attached is my JSON.

Can you check to ensure the website you are running the Transfer Order transaction against does not have the ‘Multiple Warehouse Locations’ feature enabled?

Thank you for your feedback….

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @kbibza 
I have checked without the checkbox checked. Can you please confirm any other customization published on the instance? If yes, can you check without customization?

Hi Jini, there are no customizations installed on the instance I am testing against.  I cannot get your supplied request to work using the Postman tool.  I get the following error when I run your request against the ‘Revision Two Products’ client:

"exceptionMessage": "TransferOrder.FromWarehouseID: 'Warehouse ID' cannot be empty.\nInserting  'Receipt' record raised at least one error. Please review the errors.\nBranchID: 'Branch' cannot be empty.",

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved