Solved

Fetching User-Defined-Field in Customer Acumatica REST-API

• 24 January 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I'm trying to fetch the user-defined-field that I added in Customer Entity but it's not working. I'm getting this error: "message": "An error has occurred.", "exceptionMessage": "The column 'Document_AttributeCWCID' is not found in the data set.",

It is working in Contact entity and SalesOrder

My sample parameter in Contact $custom = Contact.AttributeCWCID

In SalesOrder: $custom = Document.AttributeSOID

icon

Best answer by jayson 24 January 2023, 20:17

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @jayson ,

If the element is a user-defined field, use the syntax below,
 Document.Attribute<AttributeID>, where you replace <AttributeID> with the ID of the attribute that corresponds to the user-defined field.

I’ve tried it with the customer entity and works fine. 
Example,
/Customer/AACUSTOMER?$custom=Baccount.AttributePRODREQ

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jayson ,

If the element is a user-defined field, use the syntax below,
 Document.Attribute<AttributeID>, where you replace <AttributeID> with the ID of the attribute that corresponds to the user-defined field.

I’ve tried it with the customer entity and works fine. 
Example,
/Customer/AACUSTOMER?$custom=Baccount.AttributePRODREQ

Thank you! I thought it should be Customer or Document instead of Baccount. Thanks!

Hi Team,

I am a developer who is integrating Acumatica with our application as part of ERP integrations. As per the client requirement we have some custom user defined fields within the entities. 

I am providing all the details i have with me on this so that you can help me out.

User Defined Custom Field showing on the UI:

Element Properties:

I have found the properties of this element from Customization -> Inspect Element

Requirement:

I would like to know the API signature on how to access this type of fields from RESP APIs.

Note:

As we have client deliverables, i would really appreciate a quick response. 

Acumatica Version: 22R2

Endpoint Version: 22.200.001

Thanks & Regards,

Akhil Chakicherla 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chvakhil ,

Can you please share the screenshot? It's not visible.

Element Properties:

Element Properties:

@jinin - I have added the snapshots again. Please have a look.

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @chvakhil ,

Please do the below steps

-  Navigate the Web service endpoint screen, select the Salesorder entity, and select the details section as shown below

-   click on the Extend entity and again click on the populate. A popup will open. Select the Details view and Choose the user field.

• -  Close the popup and check the grid, the value will be added on the grid. Save the screen.
    - Add the field  on the Endpoint same as other field (Use the proper name added on the endpoint) and check whether its reflected or not.

Hope this helps you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved