Solved

Custom API freight integration

• 20 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi

I’m wanting to do a carrier integration for a client and I need help finding where to start.

Main consideration: Should I be sending POST API calls from Acumatica directly to the freight software or should I be using a third-party application to send GET requests to Acumatica then POST calls to my freight software.

If I send POST API calls from Acumatica:

• Would be the Shipment Screen be the best endpoint to look at?

• Can I trigger a POST call from this Shipment Screen? And If so can I send all the information from these endpoints?
  • If I set up this POST, can I edit how the JSON is formatted in the API body?
  • Should I be looking at the Carrier Label screen instead (SO645000)?

• If I did it this way, would the customisation need to be written in a complex C# customisation project? (It’s hard to write custom C# with the online hosted version of Acumatica (MYOB Advanced) used in Australia and New Zealand).

Any suggestions, experience or success stories anyone has on this topic would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Stéphane Bélanger 20 October 2022, 23:38

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @Suddens,

It is not possible to send Post Request from Acumatica to other application.

In this case, as you have mention, you can create an application that can be hosted on a server which will do a GET request(to Acumatica) and POST the necessary data to the Freight software.

I hope that helps.! Please let me know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Hi @Suddens, I disagree with the comment just before me.  You can certainly use any HTTP call from Acumatica to any other cloud application even other protocols such as SMTP, AWS, etc. But yes, you would have to create a customization to do that.  There is certainly a certain degree of difficulty to create a customization (really more for pros only) but it’s not harder for any version of Acumatica.

Userlevel 2

Hi everyone, 

Although it would be much easier to use an external application to send GET requests to Acumatica, I have decided to write a customization. I have this post up on another Acumatica site specific to New Zealand and Australia where everyone has advised that writing a customisation is the best option.

I have already run into a few issues pulling the data from the Graph, also the async required from the API POST request will be hard to use with the long operation required for this type of operation. 

Anyway, I have started the journey 

Thank you for the advice.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved