Solved

Can you detect if Migration Mode is on?

• 13 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Greetings folks, 

We are on the Cloud version of Acumatica, not yet through our first year. We had a user inadvertently leave Migration Mode on after performing a task that required it, and now the business would like us to find a way to detect if it’s on. Any suggestions for how to go about this? We interact with Acumatica via Serverless lambda functions in AWS, but I’ve not located an API for this. 

Thank you, 

Dave

icon

Best answer by Fernando Amadoz 17 October 2022, 14:08

View original

4 replies

Badge +18

Hello,

Vote for the idea here, to make Migration Mode more obvious:

There are ways to tell.  For example with Migration Mode ON in AP, an extra Balance field appears on the header area of Bills & Adjustments and several tabs completely disappear from Checks and Payments screen.

Are you referring to the fields that turn Migration mode on/off?  Checkboxes can be located in the Preferences screens for several modules:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @laura01 

Thank you, those are good things to know. More specifically, I’m an Acumatica admin and a systems engineer overseeing some of our internal integrations with Acumatica, but I’m not an Acumatica user. What I want to do is to check for Migration Mode being on, maybe 2–3 times a day, and then alerting users to turn it off unless it needs to be on. So I’m interested in something we can automate, such as a periodic call to the API.

Thanks, 

Dave

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

@dhollinden 

The Preferences pages are not available in the OOB API endpoints.
However, you can easily extend them and add these pages to the list.
Attached is a customization project that includes the AP Setup screen.

You can then GET the data from that screen using the new endpoint: [BaseURL]/entity/DefaultSetup/20.200.001/APSetup

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Fernando Amadoz I really appreciate this. Thank you so much. Your solution addresses our immediate situation, but also gives me insight for how to tackle similar situations in the future. Good learning. 

Sincerely, 

Dave

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved