Solved

Bulk update roles for (guest) user accounts

• 21 October 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am not that experienced with Acumatica so this may be a straight forward task.

I have about 2000 guest user accounts that I need to assign a new role to. After a few hours, I couldn’t find a great way to do it in either the UI or via the Rest API.

Can someone point me in the right direction? I appreciate it!!!

icon

Best answer by rskieresz88 21 October 2022, 16:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

I would look into User Types that can be assigned to users, one of it’s benefits is that all users assigned to that type can have roles adjusted and assigned with the push of a button on the user type screen.  If you have the users created already, to create the type and assign those users to the type shouldn’t be that big a task.  Off  the top of my head, you could do a simple import scenario to set all the guest users to the user type.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Awesome. I didn’t know about user types in much detail. I will look at that. I did start looking at the import scenarios this morning and that looked like the best way to go. That along with the user types makes total sense. 

I will build that out in my development org and give it a try!

Thank you!

Badge +18

Hello,

Another option might be importing the list of users to the new Role in User Roles screen with an import scenario.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi @eelliston 

Please find the Import scenario to assign a role to users in the system.

Thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge

These are all great options! Thank you for the scenario you sent over @manikantad18. This is really helping me get my head around it!

Normally I will crash through this and figure it out myself, but since this can be an impactful piece to a rather large Acumatica implementation, I wanted to reach out to the experts. You all are awesome!

Hi @eelliston 

Please find the Import scenario to assign a role to users in the system.

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved