Solved

What to do next after changing a conversion of UOM in the Inventory Module?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello again Everyone,

I recently discovered that there are some wrong conversions set in my Inventory module. I have corrected them now but I can not seem to reflect to change in the conversion in my inventory reports, please help on how to fix this? Thank you!

Kind regards,

Mrivera67

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 6 May 2021, 10:41

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @mrivera67  Any Sales transactions have been created with old UOM?

If yes, Base Unit UOM filed will become non-editable field.  Can you please let us know which UOM field you have corrected (Base/Sales/Purchase)?

Also, can you please confirm that is there any UOM conversion defined with old and new UOMs ?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello Naveen,

No Sales transaction with the old UOM, just purchase orders...it is 1 MT [metric ton] is equals to 1 KG, which is incorrect so I have changed it to 1 MT is equals to 1000 KG…just the conversion...we purchase the item by MT and sell it by KG so the UOM have not changed just the conversion is corrected...

Kind regards,

Mrivera67

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @mrivera67  Since only purchase orders created, I don’t see any issues here.

For New PO

As you already changed the UOM conversion, going forward there will NOT be any issues. 

For Existing PO

• If existing POs are still open, just delete them and create new POs using the import scenario if POs are huge.
  • If existing POs closed, then we cannot do anything with these POs.

Hope this helps!!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved