Solved

Create PO from Project PM301000

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Is it possible to Create Purchase Order from Project PM301000?

We set all items we use for that project on Cost Budget Tab (including inventory id, qty). When creating PO, we will go to Purchase Order PO301000 and add ADD PROJECT ITEM, and only inventory id goes in. We expect the system will take the qty & unit from Project so we don't have to input that data again.

icon

Best answer by DaveColeman 9 November 2022, 19:03

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 1

Yes we have found this problem too and this was my response from my VAR:

You still have to choose the qty. amounts you plan to purchase for that line item. The system does not bring over the quantities automatically because you may purchase these items from two or more vendors and would need to issue more than one PO for the line item. For example, say Vendor 1 only has 20 items in stock and cannot get more, but you need 25 items. You could issue a PO to Vendor 1 for 20 items, and Vendor 2 issue the PO for the remaining 5 items. 

This is not something that can be fixed. The system is meant to be this way. 

My response was:

Wouldn't it be up to me whether I want to divide up the quantities? It still should allow me to bring over the quantities, and I can decide from there, rather than being forced to hand copy every time. 

99% of the time, I want to order the full amount.

The system is designed to be inconvenient in this case. It's like saying "the price is going to be different from two different vendors, so we won't bring the price over either" but the system does bring over the unit price... I don't think this is a good justification for the behavior.

Again, why bother with this "add project items" button, if it does not automate this process?

I must still download/upload or manually enter. No one has been able to answer me this question. This button is broken because it does not eliminate any work that it is supposed to and I want it to work as it should.

We have a customization that allows for Create Purchase Order check box from the Project cost budget as a solution for this issue.  Let me know if you are interested.

@cbashir69 We’ve been looking for that functionality. If possible it would be amazing to get access to that customisation.

Add functionality to Add Project Item button | Community (acumatica.com)

For anyone who interested in this function, please vote for this and Acumatica will consider to implement it in next version.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved