I think that batch picking needs to be fixed in the WMS. Below are the issues I ran into while trying to implement this. It would be helpful if everyone else adds their issues.
- Batch picking by location doesn’t give a quick filter where you can select multiple locations from a list. You can either add it manually, or you could upload an excel sheet, but that takes a minute and is time-consuming
- The “known limitation” of not being able to batch pick nonstock kits
- Acumatica doesn’t show you what SH has a non-stocked kit and will add those shipments to the batch
- Once you run into this issue, there is no real way of fixing it besides removing all items that might be in a kit. Even if you have the same item on a SH not part of a kit
- Once a picker scans a picking sheet, there is no way to go back. If someone else wants to pick it instead, or if you want to cancel the picking sheet, it won’t let you
- The lack of system messages regarding the process and what you need to do next. i.e. In the case of nonstock kits, it gives a weird error and doesn’t spell it out
- The amount of time it takes to print the packing slips for the shipments in the batch is terrible. I timed it once, and it took about 5 minutes. This is not good in a large warehouse where you need things to move fast
If I find more issues, I’ll post it here.