Solved

Gift Card Liability?

• 6 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 1

I guess this is a question more for Acumatica’s product team, but if anyone has encountered this scenario before, please enlighten me as well.

Right now in Acumatica, Gift Card is a non-stock item. So when a gift card is purchased in Shopify, the Sales Order is synced to Acumatica with the non-stock item just like a normal Sales Order, so how do we treat the gift card liability?

For example, when you sell a gift card to the customer, if you have not redeemed the gift card, the gift card amount is still a liability, until the customer redeems it, then it goes to Sales. But if we treat it as a non-stock item on the Sales Order, it goes straight into Gift Card sales.

Is treating a giftcard sale straight away as a sale instead of a liability a correct way to handle it?

icon

Best answer by smarenich 6 July 2022, 14:42

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@leonchau80 I think you can use a liability account instead of sales account for the Gift Card Item.

read more here - 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved