Solved

Best practice to implement Acumatica with existing Shopify/BigCommerce stores?

• 23 June 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

Hi all,

Sorry if this question has been asked before, but I couldn’t find any related topics so if it does exist, please can someone point me to that :)

I have a question related to the implementation best practice for customers who have existing stores. From what I can see, both BigCommerce and Shopify only support “Export” operation from ERP > Store. Let’s say in their stores, they already have a number of products. These products are exported to excel, provided to the implementer to import into Acumatica using an import scenario. Then, we set up a sync to export these products again to the stores:

• Wouldn’t this duplicate their product list?
  • In relation to the above question, if it doesn’t, how does the system know a product in ERP is the same product in the store?
  • Similarly, for customers, how to link an existing customer record in the ERP with an existing customer record in the store? this can be important to some businesses if they want to reserve the past/historical orders information that’s linked to an existing customer. I can see that there’s an “External ID” that we can edit. but where to find them in Shopify/BigCommerce?
  • I can see we can edit the external ID one by one through the Sync History screen. How do we do this in bulk?

icon

Best answer by smarenich 23 June 2022, 15:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have a different twist on the same question.  What if the customer wants to build out a new BigCommerce store, syncing it with a sandbox Acumatica tenant.  This is both to get ahead on the storefront design while the ‘live’ Acumatica tenant is being designed, and to test syncing of sales orders etc.

The end result is similar to @leonchau80 ‘s situation and question.  When we transition to the “live” Acumatica tenant, will it duplicate the product list, etc.

What is the best practice here?

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Andy Smith , @leonchau80 

Maybe this will give you some kind of answer to your questions. There is an mechanism in the commerce Framwork that prevents duplicates...

https://help.acumatica.com/(W(70))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=5ecd0d16-a869-4ccb-bf09-7ffb05f25a4e

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@leonchau80 

• Wouldn’t this duplicate their product list?
    • [SM] nope, connector will merge items by SKU.
  • In relation to the above question, if it doesn’t, how does the system know a product in ERP is the same product in the store?
    • [SM] Make sure that SKU matches Acumatica InventoryID
  • Similarly, for customers, how to link an existing customer record in the ERP with an existing customer record in the store? this can be important to some businesses if they want to reserve the past/historical orders information that’s linked to an existing customer. I can see that there’s an “External ID” that we can edit. but where to find them in Shopify/BigCommerce?
    • [SM] Connector will attempt to merge customers by email as well. So if you have already a customer with the same email, it will be merged
  • I can see we can edit the external ID one by one through the Sync History screen. How do we do this in bulk?
    • [SM] We have plans to allow buck edit in the future, but so far there is no way to do so.
Userlevel 1

Thank you @PatrickSchlenker90  and @smarenich , I will have a look into this.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved