Solved

Why sorting in report designer does not work? Is it only effect for detail sections?

• 10 December 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello, I made a simple rpx like below.

I would like to sort the lines by inventoryCD.

I don’t know why. is it caused by the relationships below?

Or is it that the sorting did not work for group sections?

The result is not as expected. It is not sorted by inventoryCD.

icon

Best answer by BKasimov38 10 December 2020, 22:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

As far as I know, the Group sorting always takes place before the Detail sorting.

Hi Ray,

I’ve noticed in some cases that the grouping controls the sort and no matter what you going to specify in the sort section the group’s  sortorder will control the result

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hi Ray,

I’ve noticed in some cases that the grouping controls the sort and no matter what you going to specify in the sort section the group’s  sortorder will control the result

@BKasimov38 

Thank you, so for my case own, if I‘d like to “Sort” by inventoryCD, then I set the group is by “InventoryCD”

This indeed works. Thank you.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I know this has been a old thread, but shouldn’t the Sorting definition happen within the Group?
Setting up a Group to sort by to accomplish Sorting within a Group is most of the time not feasible as detail gets lost and formatting sometimes gets thrown off. 

Any ideas?
This just seems like not the correct solution

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved