Solved

Reporting on Item class

• 18 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I’m testing the hierarchy system of Item Classes and have a question on what I can report/filter with them. Particularly, when I filter on a parent item class I would like to see all of its child entities. 

For example, if my hierarchy is:

I would like to filter on 1.x.x and see everything or I could filter on 1.2.x and only see the 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 or filter on 1.3.2 to just see those items. Is that possible?

Another example of what I’m looking for is how the Inventory by Item Class (IN408000) screen gives the options of ‘Related to Only the Current Item Class’ or ‘Related to the Current and Child Item Classes’.

I do understand that I could filter on ‘Contains’ as opposed to ‘Equals’, but that is on more thing to explain to people.

-Adam  

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 23 November 2021, 17:33

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 Thanks for confirming that the solution worked for you. Thanks for the appreciations!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

@ChandrasekharM

That is brilliant! 

When I started making GI’s I wondered what a good application for the ‘Starts with’ would be. Now I know.

Thanks for doubling back and taking another look at this. 

-Adam

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 Please find the below screenshots for the generic inquiry, for quick reference.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 Please find the attached Generic Inquiry using the “Starts With” condition, for your reference. Also, please find the output of the Generic Inquiry. Let me know for any assistance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 As shown below, the right choice seems to be “Starts with”. To assist more on this issue, I am creating a new GI. Will keep you posted shortly.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 Please use the INItemClass table on your generic inquiry. You will find the fields parent and child relations. This can be used on the generic Inquiry.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ChandrasekharM

I had realized how the two radio buttons changed the filtering on the Inventory by Item Class screen through my testing and playing. However my particular question revolves around using that same principle and applying it to a GI. Do you have any knowledge on that?

-Adam 

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @abrunner78 Please find the below clarifications for the below query. Hope this explains in details.

Another example of what I’m looking for is how the Inventory by Item Class (IN408000) screen gives the options of ‘Related to Only the Current Item Class’ or ‘Related to the Current and Child Item Classes’.

1. Related to Only the Current Item Class - Shows only the items that has Item Class as the currently selected Class ID. 

In the example shown in the below screenshot, Only one stock item ELE20ABEAK (in stock item screen) has the item class - ELECOMP . So only the ELE20ABEAK option is shown. 

Related to the Current and Child Item Classes - Shows all the items belonging to the selected Class Id and also the items belonging to the Child class(hierarchical child from the tree.)

Related to Only the Current Item Class - Shows only the items that has Item Class as the currently selected Class ID. 

Screenshot for reference:

Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved