Solved

Report to print Inventory Item & Description only on label

• 25 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Looking to make a report that will print on a Zebra label.

The only report parameter I need is Item # (InventoryItem.InventoryCD) and the the user should be able to select a single Item # for printing.

This is the end goal - a 4”x6.75” label with the Item ID and Item Description.
Need to be able to select and print a label for either Stock or Non-Stock Items.

The report I’ve created gives me a look-up option for the item but when run the report, I get a label for every item in the system (and this is not my intent).

I’m learning Report Designer through trial and error and this request seems so simple, yet I’m stumped. Any help would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 25 May 2021, 17:47

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @sarah,

From the report designer, can you open the Schema Builder and look at the Filters tab? I can see from your screenshot that the parameter has been added (from the Parameters tab), but I suspect the filter criteria is missing.

Assuming your parameter is named @Inventory_ID, and that you’re selecting from the InventoryItem table, here’s how it should look:

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you @Gabriel Michaud your suggestion worked, thank you so much!

So grateful for the Acumatica Community!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Sarah,

I am printing a Zebra label, with the exact same data you are. Thermal label, 2 X 4.

However, when I send this report from Acumatica to a Zebra printer, it never formats to the label size correctly. It either cuts off text, or prints it way too small.

Do you have any suggestions?

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @trenton78 

Are you using Device Hub to print? If so, I’m not going to be any help.

However , if you are printing directly from Acumatica, I’ll tell you what worked for us

• Install Zebra Setup Utilities on each computer using a Zebra printer.
  • Set up the printer using the Zebra utility
    • When you print the first time, you might need to adjust the printer preferences as well.

If you are dealing with margin errors in your Report, that is going to have be fixed in Report Designer.

I had to set all my labels to 0 to get the label to print correctly.

I hope this helps!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved