Solved

Report Designer: Show unit cost by period in separate columns

• 3 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Everyone.

Once again I need your assistance. I need to show the unit cost by year on the report designer.

Each year needs to be on a seperate column and all the unit costs for that particuar period need to show.

The structure would be similar to the screenshot attached. Is this possible. So the report will need to adjust based on the number of periods. The max periods should be around 3 to 5.

So each column would be a specific period and the data in each column the unit cost of the inventory item. 

What I need assitsance with is showing the periods input in the parameters as columns.

icon

Best answer by Laura02 3 June 2023, 12:06

View original

1 reply

Badge +18

Hello ,

In Acumatica Report Designer, you can add variables for each month; you can add variables for each year. Then use if statements with a substring of the financial period, to place transactions into the columns.  Like this example for JanuaryCost: If substring ([finPeriod],2) = 01 then UnitCost, else $0.

I’m confused by whether your columns are Years or Months, but the above example will work for either.

“ Each year needs to be on a separate column”

“ So each column would be a specific period”

Are you reporting costs for Sold items, or items that are still in inventory? If the items are still in inventory then the costs depends on the Valuation of the items.  If the items are already sold, then the cost can be found on the expense transactions in your COGS accounts, including  Inventory COGS, Materials COGS, and possibly Landed Cost Variance, Purchase Price Variance, etc. 

Or, are you reporting unit costs paid on purchase orders only (Vendor Prices), versus the cost of the items according to valuation method?  Cost of the items could be standard cost, could be average cost.  How we cost inventory isn’t necessarily seen on the unit cost of purchase orders.

Consider whether the Historical Valuation report could be used, to meet the need or to see where the system is storing the costs.

If your company uses Vendor Price worksheets, Vendor prices screen may be another source for historical costs on inventory items.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved