Solved

Report Designer Sales Order Form SO641010 - Output Grid in PDF Format?

• 7 February 2022
  • 11 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

I am developing what I think should be a pretty straightforward Sales Order form. For the transaction lines, I would like to have a grid format where there is a border around each cell. This works fine if I put a border around each cell in the detailSection1 part of the form (I have adapted this from SO641010.rpx… the out of the box Sales Order printed form for Acumatica).

When I preview this in Report Designer, I get my grid with borders and everything is good. However, if I output to PDF, then only some of my vertical borders appear, and no horizontal borders around each cell.

Preview in Report Designer (or in Acumatica with PDF Preview disabled)...

Output in PDF Format… grid lines are basically gone

I have seen some previous hand wringing about this in other posts. I don’t need this to work perfect (it obviously doesn’t), but I just need A way to do this. If it involves a specific configuration for each individual cell, so be it. But can someone demonstrate a working way to create a simple grid in an Acumatica report that will correctly output in PDF format?

This seems like one of those printed form basics that really does have to work right for an ERP product. Is there some way to do it?

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 7 February 2022, 21:39

View original

11 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @ChandrasekharM I’m running into a similar issue and was wondering if you’ve come across a solution for it. I have a grid-like view on the rpx file using borders on the individual text boxes and it works fine until one of text boxes in the row ‘grows’ because the text wraps and make that particular box larger than the others. In the image below you can see that one border (attached) to the text box that wrapped the text correctly continues to show the border however, the other borders linked to the other text boxes have gaps between the rows in the grid. Is there maybe a different way to account for the borders or is there a way to make one text box “grow” dependent on another text box? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Because of these differences between HTML and PDF (and there are a lot of them), as a general rule, whenever a report is going to get printed, I like defaulting that report to PDF.

In my experience, PDF is more reliable and more consistent between computers.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rosenjon  FYI, 21R2 report designer was used for the above report.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

@rosenjon  PFA report with borders shown.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Ok, good to know, thanks Yuri. Let me give that a try and see if it helps.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rosenjon Your report is corrected. See below

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rosenjon , you need to set up the border width for every cell in the Details section:

You can either use the Default for all sides, or set specific ones for different sides. Just try it on one cell, and you will see results:

This is PDF print out.

Finally, you can create a new style in the template (you would need to open TemplateFormExternal.rpx, and create a new style. And then open the SO641010 and utilize that new style. Let me know if this doesn’t solve your issue and / or if you have other questions!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rosenjon , yes, I see it after the export too:

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@ChandrasekharM …  Report uploaded

@yurik05 … Can you please export as PDF and show the same?

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@rosenjon , please let us know which Acumatica version you use. I have this in 2021R2:

So, no issues observed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @rosenjon Is it possible to upload the report, so that we can review and update you.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved