Solved

Printing a Generic Inquiry

• 29 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I have published Generic Inquiry that functions as designed.  All is well except there is a request to be able to print the results.  Can you make a generic inquiry printable without first exporting to EXCEL?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by vkumar 30 December 2021, 04:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @ltussing03 

One has to export the GI results to be able to print.  Else, you may build a report for the GI, there is an option to ease building report from GI using Action > Export as report, which creates a rpx file for the GI.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I understand you can make a report, but then you have to have two separate menu items, one for the GI which can be sorted and filtered on the fly, and one for the report.  I think it would be a platform improvement to make all GIs printable where it can grab the currently filtered records and print it in a reasonable format (title of GI at top, current date, user, give selection window for which columns should be printed which would print ratably to their pixel size on the screen).

Userlevel 1
Badge

hi @vkumar

are there any directions or training materials on how to export a GI as a report and convert it to a Report via Report designer?  i failed to find any material on Acumatica wiki or Acumatica university

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

Thanks!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved