Solved

INItemSiteHistDay.QtyIn (and QtyOut) not available for formula or selection criteria

• 17 January 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

I am using INItemSiteHistDay to write a GI for inventory aging.  The field INItemSiteHistDay.QtyIn is available for the results grid.  However, INItemSiteHistDay.QtyIn and INItemSiteHistDay.QtyOut are not available for formulas or selection criteria.  I need the QTY for every transaction in and out of inventory and these seem like the 2 fields I need.  I’m unsure why they are only available to the results grid.

Thanks for any guidance!

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 17 January 2022, 16:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @ltussing03 

INItemSiteHistDay.QtyIn  and INItemSiteHistDay.QtyOut will NOT be available for in GI formulas, because these are NOT bound fields instead of calculated fields dynamically.

If you review the INItemSiteHistDay DAC file, you will understand how calculations are happening for the QtyIn and QtyOut.

Formulas: 

QtyIn =  INItemSiteHistDay.qtyReceived + INItemSiteHistDay.qtyTransferIn + INItemSiteHistDay.qtyAssemblyIn

QtyOut = INItemSiteHistDay.qtyIssued + INItemSiteHistDay.qtySales + INItemSiteHistDay.qtyCreditMemos + INItemSiteHistDay.qtyTransferOut + INItemSiteHistDay.qtyAssemblyOut

In the GI formula, you can use the above fields instead of QtyIN and QtyOut.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

It sure does help!

THANSK!

Userlevel 6
Badge

So many of Acumatica users are in need of an inventory aging report.  If you are so inclined, please tell us more about your report and how it is working.  

Hey @ltussing03  were you able to create a report for aging? I’ve been trying to create a GI and have been unsuccessful.

Landon

Userlevel 3

@ipenrod - Check out Tim Rodman’s Generic Inquiry and Pivot tables course.  He has an example of how to create an Inventory Aging Report in his appendix of Tips and Tricks.

Userlevel 2

Hello,

A little late on the conversation but I just saw the Inventory Aging report (by Tim) mentioned above and it says it does not work with Std or Avg cost valuation methods. Does anyone have come up with a GI for “As Of” valuation by time frame (day, is what I need) when using Std or Avg? 

If so, would you tell me the tables to join, or better yet, can you share the XML? 

Thank you very much,

Rgds,

Claudio

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved