Solved

I need a conditional statement please

• 6 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hello,

I’m not using any filter because I’m not using any parameter, how can I format this in RD visible expression so that I can only display the same name once? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by ChandraM 6 January 2023, 09:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @paula012 Try using the Previous function. The logic would be to verify the previous record field value and the current recorded field value and make it ‘’(empty string).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Hi @paula012 Try using the Previous function. The logic would be to verify the previous record field value and the current recorded field value and make it ‘’(empty string).

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Thanks but sorry, I’m really new into using this. Where’s that previous function and where do I state the ‘empry string’? Thanks a lot @ChandrasekharM !

Userlevel 7
Badge +9

Hi @paula012 Please check the steps in the below screenshot and the expression as an example.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Hi @paula012! Have you considered moving this field into a grouping section? For issues with duplicating data like names, items, or locations then it can be easy to group by the name field and then you’ll only see one.

This can be an issue though if you are also showing amounts or any number values which populate alongside the names because then these will become grouped and SUM will be applied to the grouping, causing the numbers to be overstated.

If no number values are to be used then grouping will be your quickest and easiest option

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved