Solved

How to remove the Line Attachements column from a GI

• 11 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1

How do I remove the line file atttachment column from a GI? This GI is being used on a customer portal and I want to restrict it so that it is not seen and cannot be accessed.

icon

Best answer by Missy Main 13 August 2021, 22:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jlowry40,

The File and Notes fields will by default based on the screen FormView.

For eg: If we take a Sales Order screen, the right-top corner we can see the Files and Notes are enabled in the screen, hence in the GI for the SOOrder DAC these fields will automatically.

If you don’t want to display it on GI, you can hide the fields in the Column Configuration pop-up. Please find the screenshots for reference.

Hope this helps!!

Userlevel 1

@Naveen B So in order for me to RESTRICT that item I would need to edit the screen. Correct? I can’t simply hide it because this GI would be exposed to the customer portal and we used the attachments for internal information. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

I’m looking for a solution to this as well! I want to remove access rights to the FILES for appointments. I don’t see that as an option… 

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hello,

2021 R1 has a new feature available within Generic Inquiries to not include File Attachments on a GI entirely - this will result in no users being able to attach files when reviewing GI.

More information on this new feature can be found here: 
https://help-2021r1.acumatica.com/(W(1))/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=aadb9682-5e09-487c-8161-428c9d9a6978

Below are images of a custom copy of the Sales Order list and Appointment list, where “Not Applicable” has been selected for Note attachment configuration.

This can also be done with a copy of the Appointment list as well.

• Please be sure to make copies of these native GI’s in order to configure for business needs, is not recommended to make these configurations on the native lists (any list that ends in PL such as SO3010PL and FS3002PL are native lists and should not be modified)

Configuration for SO:

Configuration for Appointment: 

Results:

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved