Solved

how to pass a date from a subreport

• 17 March 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

Hi, 

A client is using the Production Edition. 
The Sales Order lines can be tied to different production orders. 

We are trying to get the earliest start date of the production tickets and print it in the header of the Sales Order. 
I created a subreport that prints the Min ( AMProdItem.StartDate) correctly. I even have it set as a variable that prints $EDate = Min ( AMProdItem.StartDate). These are both printing correctly in the subreport. 

My question is how do I / or can I get the $EDate to be returned? 
When I set the Value as =$subReport1_EDate, I get a zero that prints. 

Or is there a better way to get the earliest start date from multiple production to print on the Sales Order.

Thank you, 
Bill

icon

Best answer by mcraig95 17 March 2023, 21:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @wfilipiak67 

Can you confirm the Subreport name reflected is correct (including case) i.e., ‘subReport1’?

$subReport1_EDate

Regards,

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hello,

Have you checked the reset conditions on the variable? Could you attach a version of the subReport?

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I have had success with sub reports.  Here is where the information is captured.

The next is displaying it in the calling program

Userlevel 5
Badge

Is it possible that there is an issue passing your parameter from the main report to the sub report?

I.e. when running the sub-report from your main report, the sub is not able to determine which sales order you are pulling production tickets for?

Here is information on how to pass the parameter from the main to the sub:

https://help-2022r1.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=7bbd5bbb-cd1a-4e10-9472-9497deb48f2f

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved