• 3 replies

icon

Best answer by Laura02 3 January 2024, 16:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

have you tried my suggestion in below post yet?

The cells starts with the same location position would export into a same column.

This is the only way I know now,

also, if you have better findings, please let us know.

I created a report in Report Designer and I'm trying to export it to Excel. It exports ok, but the columns don't line up. Is there any way to fix this?

Badge +18

Hello,

I know this is an old post but I just spent some time figuring out how to “unsquish” columns and ran into this similar unanswered post on the way to my success.  Here is the solution I found, using Manual Excel Mode.

In the report 1 Report property (found by clicking upper-left corner of report as circled) look for Excel Columns Collection, where we can adjust individual column width across the whole report. Width of each Excel column can be seen as vertical dotted green lines when we click View → Excel Grid. Adjusting column width in Excel Columns Collection has no impact on the PDF or printed outcome of the same report.

Excel Columns Collection
“BEFORE”
“AFTER”

If new columns are added to report designer but not added to Excel Column Collection, report can look like this when exported to Excel:

Need to add columns to Excel Column Collection and extend lines.

Solution is to add more columns to Excel collection, and extend underlines in Report designer to the “new extended right side” of report.

Laura

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved