Solved

How to group inventory or same skid in Detail Section Of the Report

• 23 April 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi,

I am working on the invoice report and have modify in a way to show which shipment each item is in on the print out. I have figure out most of the logistic and is currently stuck at grouping the item together instead to have it spill to each line. See below of the current print out of the reports. Screen shot A is when the shipment type is SKID; Screen shot B is when the shipment is ship as Box. 

A)

In this scenario, I would want all Items to show only once with the 2nd detail section to show more than one line per item. As you can see, the skid 1 for TQ002 have 2 boxes and each have their own packed amount. I am not sure how I can link the schema to provide the logic to only show the Item@ only once. 

B)

In this scenario, the shipment is shipped as boxes. For item SM3000T3-Neon, it was shipped as 7 boxes. I would like all the box numbers (7 total) to show under Box column and in only one line of SM3000T3-Neon instead of showing up 7 times, which makes the calculation for QTY and price to go wrong. 

Currently this is the setup I have in Schema

I feel I am missing something basic to link the logic but can not figure out how.

Looking forward for an experience forum member to show the resolution to this complicated problem.

Kind regards,

Calvin 

icon

Best answer by yhartman 3 May 2022, 14:26

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi, 

Did you set up grouping on the report? Can you post and image your groups?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi Yhartman,

Please see below is my screen shots of the report setup:

I am not knowledgeable in the grouping field and only have access to Report Designer. I am hoping to avoid using Group if possible. 

Thank you,

Calvin

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hi Calvin,

To accomplish what you are looking to do, you will have to add a grouping on the “skid” data field. Once you create a group you will have new sections (group header, group footer) in your report designer. You can then have your skid information and items per skid in the details section.

To Add a Group….

To add a group click on the general (yellow) area of the report designer. In the properties section press the three dots in on the group field. The “group collection editor” will open. Press add. A new group will be added. In the properties press the three dots for the group field. The “groupexp collection editor” will open. Press add. In the “data field” add the data point you want to group by.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you Yhartman. 
I am able to create the group and rearrange the fields to group the Inventory ID all together for the skid Scenario. 
I am wondering how would I be able to list all the Box Description for my Box Scenario? I am hoping to list out all the box number in the same text box (not grouping them, but have them all listed as in one box.)

This is the current print when I do not group them together. It will should the box number where “Line #” field is but I would like it to show “1-7” in one single box. I seen it before but do not remember which report it was. 

Kind regards,

Calvin

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Good morning,

Are the boxes grouped through the inventory ID or skid? I would maybe try MIN/MAX on the number and see the results.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @yhartman,

MIN/MAX Function work great to the field! The only thing is that one of the invoice it return a rather non-chronological order. I can live with that for now and will try looking into it if it happen again. 

Kind regards,

Calvin

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved