Solved

Generic Inquiry HAVING SQL Clause

• 11 December 2020
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1

Does anyone have a clever way to use a Parameter in a Generic Inquiry to generate a HAVING clause in SQL right after the GROUP BY clause? It generates a WHERE clause which doesn't allow me to work with the aggregation results.

I can do an on-the-fly filter, but I was hoping to use a Parameter.

icon

Best answer by TimRodman 23 December 2020, 06:06

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Sure thing @Irina 

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello @TimRodman,

Can I create a KB article out of your brilliant solution?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for following up on this @mrysev and @vkumar.

I was able to come up with a pretty cool workaround with help from @wyattERP:

https://www.augforums.com/forums/acumatica-generic-inquiries/using-parameters-to-filter-aggregate-results

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @TimRodman 

Can you attach your GI XML and point to the column and the way you want to see the filtering to work? We will explore further for a solution.

Regards,

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Tim,

I’m not sure regarding your particular case, but you can consider 2 possible workarounds:

1. Use Pivot Tables. 
  2. Create custom DAC + SQL view with aggregation and base your GI on it. In this case you will work with parameter in WHERE clause.
Userlevel 6
Badge +1

You can do it when using an on-the-fly filter by clicking on a column heading and applying a filter. But it doesn’t look like it works with a Parameter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

@timrodman  Tim, it looks like we are seeking for same kind of function.
I don’t know how to achieve this directly in GI. However, I’ve thought out a workaround that might get the “Having” filter out results.
You can take a look at below:

I also would like to know if you have better thoughts.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved