Solved

Business event that is on a schedule and sends an Excel file of a generic inquiry

• 24 September 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Is this possible? I know there’s an option to attach a report, but we would like the ability to send an email on a schedule with an excel version of a generic inquiry. The inquiry has a fair amount of columns that wouldn’t fit on the report format, so it’s not an option to create a report version of the inquiry. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by gprice27 5 August 2022, 19:34

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

I posted this solution to the above conversation - using a Scheduled Export Scenario and a Business event to email the resulting file 

Userlevel 2
Badge

@hayleehicks18 Gotcha. Hmm.

You could try Export as Report maybe? But I see what you mean. It’s a workaround.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @arlinewelty93! Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that won’t work. Or at least for now. The data is currently in a generic inquiry with quite a few columns of data. The report attachment can only point to actual reports, not inquiries. My next step is to set all of the inquiries up as separate reports and go with this method, but I was hoping to be able to email and export of the generic inquiry to avoid having to setup new reports from scratch.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@hayleehicks18 I think I understand what you want, and I think you can do it.

The business event needs a subscriber, which is an email notification.

In the email notification template (ScreenId=SM204003) you can attach a report. In Report Format, choose Excel. Would that work for you?

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved