Solved

What is a prohibited database script?

• 22 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I ran into an error when publishing a customization project that I haven’t seen before:  “The '<project name>' customization project contains a prohibited database script”.  The customization has published without errors and the db script in it executes fine on many different Acumatica instances except for this particular one.  The db script just drops a view if it exists, and then creates the view.  The Acumatica build is 21.115.0017.  The error shows up right away after selecting Publish.  Did I miss something in the release notes somewhere where certain db commands are no longer allowed in scripts, or could it be a licensing or permissions issue of some kind?

icon

Best answer by Tony Lanzer 25 February 2022, 15:39

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @tlanzer25  I don’t think it will be licensing issue but might be the permissions issue for the logged in user.

If you are looking for immediate support on this, I would recommend you to raise support.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

I’m going to post a related question on this because it is actually related to an Acumatica-owned product - Imperium.

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

Apparently this is happening due to a 3rd party license manager from EIS that is installed on this one instance.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi, @tlanzer25  Hoping that you have used the query below. if yes, I don’t see any issues with it since I’m using 20R1, 21R1, and 21 R2 as well.

DROP VIEW IF EXISTS KNTestView
GO
Create View [dbo].[KNTestView]
as
Select * from XXXX

Can you please share the screenshot of that error?

Userlevel 4
Badge +2

There’s no issue with my script.  As I said, it executes fine on many instances.  The issue is the error prohibiting the customization from publishing on this one instance.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved