Solved

ERROR: Inter-Branch Transactions feature is disabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hello, I am new to Acumatica and trying to figure this all out. We created a new Company, Branches, ledgers, etc and from that we created our Customer and Lease. We are trying to post a payment, but we are getting this error message:

Inter-Branch Transactions feature is disabled.

What does this mean? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by anthony92 25 May 2022, 16:48

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @anthony92 

Ensure that on the Enable/Disable features the Inter-Branch Transactions is enabled.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Thank you, but I don’t have that option with the version that I have. I just checked. I am so new to Acumatica and I don’t even know why I don’t have that. but I did search for Enable/Disable, got the menu, but Inter-Branch Transations is not there as a toggle.

So I think I figured out what happened, but I cannot fix it.

We created a new lease, but never activated it. Then we created a invoice for that lease. When you click on the invoice in Invoice and Memos, This is what we get for one of the tabs:

Project/Contract: X - Non-Project Code.

It should say:

Project/Contract: LS00287 - Commercial Lease

I cannot reverse these charges / write them off or do anything. I can't edit  X - Non-Project Code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@anthony92  Without access to your system, I cannot be sure … but most likely you created multiple companies/branches that require balancing. This means that each branch has their own set of financial reports.

When you entered your payment, somehow it related to 2 different branches/companies … for example … company/branch 1 created the lease invoice and the payment was entered into company/branch 2. When you try to release/post the payment the system tries to:

• Create a transaction to debit cash (asset) in company 2
  • Credit AR (asset) in company 1.

When the system tries to release/post this, it has a problem because the books of both companies would be out of balance. The system needs to be setup to automatically create due-to/due-from transactions using the inter-branch transaction feature. (old video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhIRoFHgNWQ)

Financial Tab shows Company that entered the payment

Invoice belonged to a different branch (and error)

When I turned on the feature that kbeatty showed above, the transaction was successful. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @anthony92 

Reason for the option ‘Inter branch transaction’ not available on ‘Enable/Disable’ feature list is due to the license not including that option. You can clarify this further with your Partner account manager.

To create a payment, check the branch/ company the original invoice is linked to (Financial tab of the invoice reflects the branch/company).

Use a cash account linked to above branch/company to create a payment. Since the branch/company on original document and payment would be same, the error should not come up. 

Regards,

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @vkumar, thank you for your reply. The Branch in the original invoice is empty. Attached is a screenshot.  I can’t reverse this invoice, I can’t delete it, I can pay it off, I can’t even write it off!! As mentioned earlier, I think this happened when we created a new tenant and missed activating it.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Doug Johnson Thank you. It sounds like I have to get that feature enabled, but first part of my license.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I have been able to resolve my issue by creating new Credit Memos, but with the cash account assisned and no lease. From there I keyed off my invoice and memo with this credit memo.

Userlevel 3
Badge

I am having the same problem with a client except its in AP.  An AP bill was paid with the wrong cash account. I can't seem to get rid of it. I want to be able to release it and void it. The client has the small business version and you can't enable interbranch transactions.  Help, please. 

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved