Payroll Timeclock integration

Userlevel 3

Has anyone found an add on that integrates with Acumatica payroll that allows for timeclock functionanlity (mobile or punch clock) and also allows for PTO requests, The only add-ons in the marketplace seem to be for project tracking or a full HRMS platform. 

The native time entry for Acumatica mobile wants the user to put in the time start and then the hours. That won’t work for them. They need employees to punch in and out and have those show in the timecard with the system doing the match. 

14 replies

Userlevel 1

I am curious how to leverage proximity cards / punch clocks with Acumatica Payroll aswell.

Userlevel 4
Badge

We actually wrote our own timeclock for entry and pull that data into Acumatica and post it to the clock entry screen (basically). I was unable to find what I was looking for in the market place and evaluated other time solutions (Kronos etc) and just found they were great but overly complex for what we wanted which was a clock a user could use their ID and Work Order to clock into an operation and then post that time once approved. I know that is not a big help but I definitely look forward to tracking how you solve this. 

Userlevel 1

@cmoreland  was this a hardware-based solution? 

Userlevel 4
Badge

No it was all software based. in a nut shell utilized touch screens and a web client.

Userlevel 1
Badge

it seems like Acumatica time and expense does not support Time card from i read.

so for hourly paid employees, how can we keep track of their hours within Acumatica?

Thank you

Zoey

Userlevel 4
Badge

@cmoreland you used works orders right? We're using the projects module and I need our team to be able to simply clock on and clock off projects they are working on. The Acumatica app can do it but it is terribly clunky and will not be practical for guys who need to change jobs many times a day in a busy factory environment. 

Really interesting that you had to build your own - would be glad to know what you used to build this? PowerApps? Actual program? 

I guess you store the times in a secondary DB and then pump them over to Acumatica on a schedule or something?

We’ve been using Exaktime made by Arcoro.  Caveat is...they do no have PTO tracking.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

WE have integrated payroll to Time and Attendance from Time Equipment company multiple times

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@mattsylvia22 @tparker @DanielStarke @LukeSepe 

We also need a traditional timeclock integration (maybe they could leverage devicehub?) for production labor tracking (scan employee barcode and production order/operation barcode to clock in and out) as well. Similar to what you are looking for with payroll. We decided not to use Acumatica payroll because of this limitation and went with Paychex Flex system and timeclock.

Please check out my request for timeclock integration request and give it an upvote 

I think this would a valuable addition by Acumatica and I hope they consider it. I have not seen an ISV solution in the marketplace either.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

These guys do it all check them out https://www.timeequipment.com/workforce-management/..

this is the product we have integrated to both Project and Payroll

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@pbennett I appreciate the reference and I will check them out. I wonder if they have integrated for Production Order as well.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Not sure about production orders but they do have APIs that can be used to integrate anything

@cmoreland you used works orders right? We're using the projects module and I need our team to be able to simply clock on and clock off projects they are working on. The Acumatica app can do it but it is terribly clunky and will not be practical for guys who need to change jobs many times a day in a busy factory environment. 

Really interesting that you had to build your own - would be glad to know what you used to build this? PowerApps? Actual program? 

I guess you store the times in a secondary DB and then pump them over to Acumatica on a schedule or something?

We have built a solution designed for Projects allowing users to change tasks on the fly. When you use the feature, it ends the prior task and starts a new entry to track the duration of the current task.

The solution also adds the ability to record breaks and lunches. Normal Acumatica Time Activities are generated from completed daily time sheets using these functions, with the ability to edit descriptions and notes before processing. Lunch duration does not flow to time activities since it is “off the clock” time, but the data is still available for detailed punch reports and ensuring compliance.

This is all 100% within Acumatica, no integrations or data exports/imports required. Features are supported within the browser or Mobile App.

https://trabeasoft.com/

Browser
Mobile App

Badge

BizRun has a time clock mode for its timesheet (clock in / clock out) on mobile, desktop and tablet. It’s integrated with Acumatica ERP & Payroll. Projects, tasks & activities are pulled from Acumatica, and timekeeping data gets pushed, in real time. It also includes paid time off & a shared calendar. And yes it does include a full suite of HR features, but if you don’t need those you don’t have to use them. Surprisingly it’s priced a lot lower than many of the alternatives. BizRun is pretty new, and I’m happy to answer any questions you might have. Cheers! (https://www.bizrun.com/acumatica-integration/).

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved