Solved

Payroll Negative Hours

• 16 March 2022
  • 7 replies

Sometimes we need to correct hours coded to a certain pay type.  The pay and the units both need to be corrected, but unable to enter a negative unit amount.

icon

Best answer by BenjaminCrisman 13 September 2022, 19:12

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Agree!  I have been unable to find a way to “correct” a payroll overpayment other than modifying existing hours/rates to reduce that payroll which results in no audit trail/history to show.  

Userlevel 7
Badge

Hi @SAskelson were you able to resolve your issue? Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge

I would also like to know how to handle this. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

@SAskelson I believe in the PR module the only answer is to void and reissue the check towards the correct earning type code. Voided checks are the only way to insert “negative” hours.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

@SAskelson As @jsheehan56 mentioned the best method for this is to void the payroll record and re-create it with the corrected amounts.

Considering the age of the discussion, can you advise if the issue was resolved for you?

I am guessing the problem with voiding the payroll record is that taxes have already been paid for the week and recreating it in a different pay period causes the taxes paid to be incorrect.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

SAskelson, I agree.  Depending on the Acumatica version and build, voiding may not be an option if you have already created and processed the liability bills.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved