Solved

Want to write a custom process and Schedule it on a timer

• 28 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Can I write a custom process (not a screen) and schedule it run within Acumatica? 

By a process I mean some code that says loops a Generic Query and calls some web services.  Not attached to particular screen

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Dmitrii Naumov 28 September 2022, 19:25

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

The recommended approach for that is to create the process on a processing screen and add it to schedule via the standard scheduling tool. 

If you do not want the screen to be visible to end users, you can hide it from the menu.  

Userlevel 3
Badge

Got it.  By a processing screen you mean something that on load of screen, runs the process then it closes itself when done correct? Or is there a specific form type called processing.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Please refer to that training to better understand the processing screen:

https://openuni.acumatica.com/courses/development/t240-development-processing-forms/

Basically, it’s a screen that contains the list of the records and Process button.

Userlevel 3
Badge

Got it, I haven’t done that training yet but will. Thanks

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved