Solved

Unlinking a Sales Order from a Production Order

• 18 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Is it possible to unlink a production order (RO A) from a Sales Order (SO A)? I know I can delete the Production Order but it is already in process and I would rather not disassemble. We decided to reallocate a different Production Order (RO B) of the same item to Sales Order A to get the order out quickly but we can not create a shipment because RO A is not completed yet. Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by vkumar 18 November 2021, 15:42

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mpowell - You can unlink the SO from the Production order ONLY from the Production order. So yes, you can do it on the Production Order. 

We designed this way so that if this happens, the Production manager is aware in case they have already planned the Production order. This way they are kept in the loop. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@vkumar that worked great - thanks! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

Hi @mpowell 

Please try the following : 

• Move the Sales order to Hold status
  • Add a new line with the product details ( original line linked to Production order )
  • Delete the line that is linked to Production order

This should remove the link. Basically, you are removing the Production order linked line from Sales order and adding a new line which will not be linked to Production order.

Let us know the result. It did allow me delete the line on 2021r2 from SO (SO Line linked to completed Production order).

Regards,​​​​​​

Userlevel 3
Badge

@Debbie Baldwin is the creator of the production order the only one who can unlink it? I’m not seeing the option to unlink it anywhere within the Production Order. Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@mpowell - it is on the references tab. What version are you on? We added this ability with 2021 R1.

Userlevel 3
Badge

That would be our problem - we are currently 2020R2 preparing to transition to 2021R2. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@mpowell  It seems UnLink/Remove Link option is NOT available in the 20 R2, where we have it in 21 R1. 

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @mpowell 

Please try the following : 

• Move the Sales order to Hold status
  • Add a new line with the product details ( original line linked to Production order )
  • Delete the line that is linked to Production order

This should remove the link. Basically, you are removing the Production order linked line from Sales order and adding a new line which will not be linked to Production order.

Let us know the result. It did allow me delete the line on 2021r2 from SO (SO Line linked to completed Production order).

Regards,​​​​​​

@vkumar is there a way to do the opposite?  I want to prevent this from happening - not allow delete of the line if there is a production order linked.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved