Solved

Synch costs on BOM when not using standard cost

• 1 December 2020
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

If a customer is not using standard cost, when a component is added to a bill of material, the cost is 0 unless one is manually entered, and after the component item is received into inventory and the cost is established, the cost on the bill of material is not updated. 

Users will base price estimates on the bill of material and when the costs are not current on the bill, there is no way to look at a bill of material and view the current cost of the item.  They must look at each component item and retrieve the cost, or create a bogus production order to capture current cost.

This would increase usability and customer satisfaction.

icon

Best answer by Irina 1 December 2020, 19:05

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

Hello there!

I assume this is more like a product suggestion, not a question.

To suggest something you want to be improved in our product, please use Product Ideas https://community.acumatica.com/ideas

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

You are correct.  I was on the ideas page and created the post, but it put it here.  I must have used the wrong Create Topic link.

Userlevel 7
Badge +8

The proper kind of topic should be selected during the submission.

Unfortunately, our Community do not support converting question to ideas yet, so you will need to create Idea correctly one more time.

Thank you!

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thank you.  I have created the new idea.  Can you close this topic?

Regards,

Dennis

Userlevel 3
Badge

Run the Cost Cost process with the option checked to Update Material Costs (defaulted).  It will pull the current cost from the item warehouse details.

https://help-2020r2.acumatica.com/Help?ScreenId=ShowWiki&pageid=fd706b68-9828-45e0-9415-fdf6fb78cb7e

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @dennisgodsill36.  I will give it a whirl.

Dennis

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved