Solved

Scheduling process flow

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Hello,

I am trying to understand the general process flow for scheduling in Acumatica.  Assuming all calendars and setup have occurred, what is the process for maintaining the schedule.

Please let me know where the following falls down.  This is the proposed daily process for maintaining the schedule.

1. APS Maintenance Process - “The process will fill the empty schedule days for each work centers for the next 180 days and adjust the schedule time blocks.”
  2. Rough Cut Planning - Run with action set to “Schedule” and “Process All”
  3. Running steps 1 and 2 above will rebuild and maintain your schedule so it is up to date and could be scheduled to run each night to keep it current.
icon

Best answer by stephenhennelly 19 May 2022, 16:13

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 2

@ltussing03, this is mostly correct. You should not have to run the maintenance process consistently is my understanding. It is like the Validate Inventory process. It is used to clean up if necessary but could use unwanted consumption on the server if not needed. Otherwise you really just need to run Rough Cut Planning on a daily/weekly basis to build or rebuild the schedule. Every time this is run, it will rebuild the schedule with what was selected. You can also firm orders and keep those orders firmed if you wish to not reschedule them. Then I would use documents/queries like the work center dispatch to report to the users what needs to be done and when.  Let me know if this helps. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +5

Thanks Shennelly!

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved