Solved

Sales Order allocation to Production Order

• 22 April 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

Is there a way to allocate multiple Sales Orders to a single Production Order?  I have a client that is in a back order status for items with production orders in process.  They need a way to allocation what is being produced to the Sales Orders so they don’t get shipped to the wrong customer.  The production order is for 10 units while the Sales Orders are typically only for 1 or 2 units.

icon

Best answer by Debbie Baldwin 22 April 2022, 21:42

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@donna80 at this time it is a one to one relationship. We can only link or allocate a Single Sales Order to a Production order. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

If you are using MRP, the demand is still there, but there is no link to that sales order. This is something I have been asking for for a while, since in many manufacturing environments you will do exactly this. You may have 5 sales orders that need the same item, but you also want to make it for stock, so you should be able to split the quantities by sales order and then put the remainder in stock. 

This also goes with the idea that you have a total by item in the MRP screen, so you can see how many you need to make and decide if it is worthwhile to make them all or split them up. 

Userlevel 1

@jeremyd45 Do you have a idea posted on this?  I looked but couldn’t find one.  I would like to vote on it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@jeremyd45 Do you have a idea posted on this?  I looked but couldn’t find one.  I would like to vote on it.

I do not. if you want to start one, I will gladly upvote it!

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

I do not. if you want to start one, I will gladly upvote it!

Started an idea here as we ran into similar issues. Not only is it just one Sales Order but actually one Sales Order line. This is just so restricting and not efficient for most of our clients.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved