Solved

reschedule production tickets?

• 30 October 2021
  • 15 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

After releasing a pile of production tickets the sales order due date has been pushed out over a month and now I want to update all those tickets (reschedule them).  Is this possible? 

icon

Best answer by angierowley75 1 November 2021, 13:16

View original

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

To edit the Production Order business document, you can put it on hold, make a change (like the Constraint Date), and then remove the hold.

If you have APS, you can re-schedule on the Rough Cut Planning screen.  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello and thank you for the reply.  There are approx 60 associated with this one order alone.  Doing one by one is quite cumbersome. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

It is probably possible to write a customization which will do a mass update - but there is no standard tool in the core MFG module.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks we are exploring the possibility of mass deleting and re-creating them.  

It is probably possible to write a customization which will do a mass update - but there is no standard tool in the core MFG module.

When rerunning Rough Cut Planning, shouldn’t the production orders be rescheduled on their own if they are not yet firmed?  Or does this require manual intervention to change the scheduled date?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Running the Scheduling process will reschedule all production orders which are not firm.  Should not require manual intervention - if I am understanding your question correctly.

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kirbygompf32 

I created a copy of the Production Order Maintenance GI for myself (system admin) and I enabled Mass Updates on the copy.  I’m able to update selected Work Orders en mass this way. Sometimes it takes a couple of passes, especially if your Work Orders are already released but it’s still easier than go through each Work Order individually and making the change.

On the Generic Inquiry on the Entry Point Tab, I enabled Enable Mass Actions on Records, Enable Mass Record Deletion, Enable Mass Record Update.

Then I added the actions I needed on the Mass Update Fields tab and the Mass Actions tab.

I hope this helps!

Userlevel 2
Badge

@sarah this is very helpful thank you!  Is there anyway you can think of to cascade update the child work orders associated with parent work order? 

Userlevel 3
Badge

@kirbygompf32 

I believe that can be done...I would use the Product Order ID to filter and find all the Work Orders associated with the Parent Work Order and go from there.

If you have other questions, feel free to send me a PM.

Userlevel 2
Badge

@sarah I think that could work, I will give it a try .. very genius! Thank you

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Running the Scheduling process will reschedule all production orders which are not firm.  Should not require manual intervention - if I am understanding your question correctly.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t take Parent and Child Orders into consideration that are relying one each other. 
Assembly A gets pushed back and Assembly A cannot start without Assembly B.

This seems to be too common that Users would need to find a workaround as below. Which also requires using Parent Orders for technically Child orders (Subassemblies).

Is that something Acumatica is aware of?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

@krausef77 - yes we have an active project to improve the parent/child Production Order linking so that scheduling will better handle child dependencies

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

@krausef77 - yes we have an active project to improve the parent/child Production Order linking so that scheduling will better handle child dependencies

Thank you!
This is great news

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

@angierowley75, is there an estimated ship date on the project to improve parent/child order linking?  Also, would the enhancement apply to the core manufacturing module, or only APS?  Currently I can calculate operation start/end dates (without capacity constraints) based on run times and crew size without APS, and am hoping child orders can be automatically updated when the parent orders are updated (cascading down through all the levels) without APS as well.

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

We are targeting 2024R2, I believe both features you listed will be supported.  We could setup a call to review the functional spec if you want - just send me an email.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved