Solved

print digital images on a production workorder

• 8 August 2022
  • 6 replies

I researched all the articles that came up and not sure I am getting to an answer.

We have a client that creates production from a sales order.  In the BOM they have pictures at the step level.  prior to Acumatica it was done in word which is a no brainer. But now that they are automating, they want to produce the router with the image on the print out.

icon

Best answer by Gabriel Michaud 8 August 2022, 19:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

The Acumatica Report Designer allows you to link to any table and then show the pictures attached to a row.

When you attach pictures to a rom in your BOM,  the pictures are ultimately stored in  the UploadFileRevision.BlobData field. You can link to this table by joining the relevant AMBom**** table with NoteDoc (ex: AMBomStep.NoteID=NoteDoc.NoteID) and then with UploadFileRevision on the FileID field. You can technically have multiple images per item so you'll either need to filter by file name (ex: image should always be called "PartDiagram.png") or use a subreport that will print out all the images.

The Picture box control can be bound to a database field (Source=Database, Value=select the UploadFileRevision.BlobData field). The VisibleExpr property can be used to control whether or not the picture box shows. More information on the picture box can be found here.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Using UploadFileWithData and [UploadFileWithData.Name] worked for me. Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Hi @ericklasimin61 -- can you share a screenshot of the report designer properties toolbox for the image control?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Gabriel Michaud , I managed to get it to work by using subreport instead. The table linkage is quite similar to yours with the exception of UploadFileWithData instead of UploadFileRevision. As for the value used for the picture box, I used [UploadFileWithData.Name] and implemented string logic to grab the the signature image and ignore the rest.

I am now also trying to do something similar. would you be able to provide a copy of the Value including the string logic please.

I am trying to add the (client’s) signature onto a Service Report in a Picturebox. And also add images (photos taken by technicians) in another Picturebox. Just not sure how to write the value, assuming though that the source being the Database is correct?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Gabriel Michaud , I tried your approach but with a different screen altogether. My scenario would be to grab the picture with the prefix of “signature” since Acumatica mobile app will automatically name it as “signature<uniqueID>.png” if I were to sign it via mobile app in Appointment screen.

I’ve tried linking FSAppointment with NoteDoc on NoteID and then with UploadFileRevision on FileID and calling the value [FileUploadRevision.BlobData] on a Picture Box with Database as its source, but I got an error indicating “Unable to cast object of type 'System.Byte[]' to type 'System.String[]'.”. Am I missing any step in actualizing this?

PS: I’m able to get the image if I directly use the [FSAppointment.NoteFiles] field, but this will only select the first image uploaded into the document.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved