Solved

Inventory ID field character restrictions?

• 28 December 2021
  • 8 replies

When setting up a new item in Inventory, what is the maximum field length and are there any character restrictions such as spaces, @, #, *, -, etc.

icon

Best answer by Naveen Boga 28 December 2021, 18:00

View original

8 replies

Hi Naveen and Beth,

While Inventory ID field will accept special characters I would like to state that I am having difficulty with using specifically the underscore character as a delimiter in my Inventory ID.

Example:

MC_4106        EA    43.000000
MC_5102-4     EA    20.000000

Now, it works as the ID, but when you are in the Inventory Stock Item Screen and click on the Finder key for that item, the delimiter will not be presented in the View Grid. 

Inventory Item Finder 

Additionally, when I was loading my Sales Price Worksheet for my Inventory the only items that failed to upload were the items with the delimiter using the Underscore. I even made sure my excel fields for those items were formatted correctly based on the DAC Schema from Acumatica. So, I am not sure if the Sales Price Worksheet can accept all special characters and the issue lies with Microsoft Excel or does the issues lie with Sales Price Worksheet. Or, more importantly, am I doing something wrong?

Note: The client is coming from Sage 300 ( I am a certified Consultant for Sage Products as well) so  they are using the FREEFORM setup for their Inventory ID field in that system which is like the Wild Wild West and are absolutely zero restrictions on anything. You could literally use an email address or website as a Inventory ID. 

Note: (I am at the beginning of implementation  - we are in Sandbox mode, not running LIVE yet)

Could you please help me understand what I am missing and perhaps how I can correct this relationship with Underscores or any other special characters that may present a similar result.

Thanks,

Nance

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@jamesl  Can you please share the screenshot of the INVENTORY segmented Key from your demo instance?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @jamesl  Do you have any customizations published? If yes, can you please un-publish and verify this?

Hi Naveen, not that I am aware of, we just have a demo instance up and running

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @jamesl  Do you have any customizations published? If yes, can you please un-publish and verify this?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @BethHanselman By default Acumatica, the maximum length of the Inventory ID field is 30 characters.

Hello, how come the form only allows me to put in 9 characters?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@BethHanselman  Since Inventory ID is the Unicode field it will accept all the special characters as well

Thank you Naveen, are there any special character restrictions?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Hi @BethHanselman By default Acumatica, the maximum length of the Inventory ID field is 30 characters.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved