Error when creating Purchase Order for Non-Stock Items

• 11 January 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hello,

I am getting an error when trying to create a purchase order from my Production Order. The Purchase order contains two non-stock items and upon “Processing” the Purchase Order I get two errors, one for each item, and the PO is never created. This only appears to be issues with Non-Stock items. 

Thoughts?

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Working with your Acumatica Partner and/or logging a support ticket for assistance is probably the best route to take to research and resolve your issue.  They will be able to show you how to check your version and access the trace file to provide the quickest path to resolution.

I don’t think we will be able to resolve this via the discussion forum.  I hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

This functionality is supported.  

What version are you running?  Can you provide a details or a screen shot of the error you receive?

Userlevel 3
Badge

It could be access rights or if you are using approval maps you are not an employee or a vendor is not assigned. Look at the trace to see the errors; sometimes the reason is not in the first error message but on the previous error.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Apologies, I am unsure how to check what version is running. This is only my 4th day in the system. Moreover, it appears the error reporting is not configured properly as the below is the error message displayed. There is one message in under the “total” error reporting as it states, “Error: ‘Sub.’ cannot be empty”

Userlevel 4
Badge

Thank you all for your responses. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I have had issues when the require shipment and require receipt are not checked on the non-stock item.  That might be a place to check.

DJE

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@deaster93 Purchase Order will be created even ”Required Shipment” and “Require Receipt” selected or NOT for the Non-Stock items.

@byates Could you please share the error messages, which you are getting while creating the Purchase Order.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved