Don't split Production Orders across Machines

• 6 October 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

When scheduling machines APS loads the times assuming multiple machines are doing the operation when it should allocate time to each machine serially

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

Hi Angie,

I’ve seen that the Machine Schedule will schedule Machine Time using all machines configured for an operation’s work center. It will split the machine time among all machines instead of planning on 1 machine. For example, if the Work Center for operation 0010 has 3 machines configured, the Machine Time for that operation will get split up among those 3 machines.  Is that the functionality to which you are referring?  If so, this is the standard functionality.

This could be a great idea for improvement, though! If you add it to the Idea page in the Community https://community.acumatica.com/ideas, that will give others a chance to vote on it, and our developers will see it as well!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks Hannah - I thought I had logged it to the Ideas area - my mistake.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved