Solved

Configurator: updating features does not pull in new options in configurator maintenance

I’m working with a customer who is setting up a fairly lengthy configurator for their industrial product. He discovered that if he missed an option for one of the features, and then adds it in under the Features form, that it will not pull this new option into the selection set within the maintenance for his configuration. He ends up having to delete the feature, and then add it back in and recreate all the rules associated with that feature. I did see that you can export options and rules, then import them again when you recreate which should help the situation.

Has anyone else noticed this, and is there any other way to update the feature without having to remove it from the configuration. I tried using the refresh tool and that didn’t appear to pull in the new option. 

Thanks in advance for any assistance or suggestions.

icon

Best answer by stephenhennelly 10 May 2022, 17:31

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

I am sorry to say that we have had the same experience. Once a feature is added to a configuration is does not update automatically if the feature itself is modified. I have not tested this in 2022 R1 to see if this has been improved. I am certainly interested if someone has a solution or this. It’s not a huge deal if it s simple configuration. I have a couple clients with extremely complex configuration with many formulas.

Userlevel 2

This seems to match the standard function of Acumatica. If a value is updated in the feature, it will not automatically update the configurations containing them. That will need to be done manually. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I am working with a client now on setting up Configurator and I know already this is going to be an issue. They sell items with color and finish options and would want all products to be updated with new available colors, if colors are added to the Feature list. I’m assuming we’ll have to set up Business Event to perform updates, but I’m curious if anyone else has found a solution.

About Acumatica ERP system
Acumatica Cloud ERP provides the best business management solution for transforming your company to thrive in the new digital economy. Built on a future-proof platform with open architecture for rapid integrations, scalability, and ease of use, Acumatica delivers unparalleled value to small and midmarket organizations. Connected Business. Delivered.
© 2008 — 2024  Acumatica, Inc. All rights reserved